We are a technology-enabled service company empowering over half of the millions of producers and business users across 27 countries. We support some of the largest multinational companies by digitizing and verifying global supply chains. Our focus is to enhance traceability, inclusiveness, and sustainability.
We combine quadruple-tech (agritech, fintech, edutech, and climatech) with “boots on the ground” services to improve producers’ outcomes and profitability, while building more sustainable supply chains.
Our team is growing. With offices in 6 cities across the globe and still counting. Where in the world will you join us?
What’s it like working at Koltiva?
At Koltiva, we embodied honest, open, and upfront communication. We always seek and continuously improve existing tech solutions while focusing on our business users. Here, delivering value and making an impact on our customers while insisting on great standards are what we are aiming for.
Our Core Values
We are digitizing agriculture end-to-end, from offering digital and financial inclusion to our farmers to delivering performance data verified by humans. From seed to table.
To be the world’s leading tech company in building ethical, transparent, and sustainable supply chains.
Benefits and perks of working with Koltiva include:
Compensation: Competitive salaries
Family benefits: Paid maternity / paternity leave
Lifestyle: Casual dress code, Flexible hours, Work-from-home
Progression: Professional development
Welfare: Health insurance
Do you belong with Koltiva?
Who is the Koltiva Senior Backend Developer?
Software engineering takes the central roles for building Koltiva products and systems. You will be responsible for designing, building, improving, or maintaining our web applications, third-party data integration, data API, backend systems, or working with monitoring tools and infrastructure. You will work in cross-functional teams and everyone is encouraged to speak their mind, propose ideas, influence others, and continuously grow themselves.
What are the key responsibilities of the Senior Backend Developer?
- Define software architecture, collaborate with cross functional teams to understand the requirements.
- Identify areas of complexity and bottlenecks in implementation.
- Scope out the deliverables, divide the task and assign timelines.
- Understand, collaborate and distribute knowledge to others, show high level of ethics and team-work
- Work with front-end developers to integrate their web or mobile code.
- Create scalable and high-performance backend API's
- Bachelors degree or Diploma 3 in Majoring Information Technology or equivalent.
- Passion in software engineering, application development, or systems development
- Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, design patterns, and algorithms
- Minimum 3 years of experience with PHP Laravel/Lumen or Codeigniter
- Minimum 3 years of experience with database design and maintenance (MySQL, PostgreSQL or other database platform)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in build scalable backend&rsquos API for Mobile or Website
- Understanding of systems using real time interactions (websockets, long-polling, server sent events) or messaging system is a plus.
How do you apply?
Submit your updated CV to email@example.com with subject (Senior Backend Developer)