Become an Environmental Specialist with Koltiva!
Do you believe in never ending innovation?
Who are we?Koltiva AG is an integrated agriculture technology company that provides tailor-made software solutions and services for end-to-end business processes. Established in 2013 in Indonesia, and incorporated 2017 in Switzerland, our game changing solutions are successfully used by our clients and its suppliers in 28 countries.
What do we do?Through our proven end-to-end software solutions and services, we help improve operational efficiency, significantly reduce costs and supply chain risks, increase producer's profitability and develop sustainable production and trade in food- and non-food value chains.
Do you belong with Koltiva?
Who is the Koltiva Environmental Specialist?
The key responsibility of the Environmental Specialist is to conducts research on the latest standards, guidelines, regulations, and tools used to monitor, measure, and assess environmental data. The Environmental Specialist will coordinate with other Koltiva teams to apply the latest scientific knowledge to Koltiva&rsquos products and services. The specialist will also perform field inspections, design training programs for Koltiva&rsquos staff as well as our clients, prepare reports, and analyse data.
Reporting and Collaboration
The Environmental Specialist reports to the Head of Agronomy R&D unit.
The Environmental Specialist works closely with the Head of R&D and other R&D unit members. The Environmental Specialist cooperates with various teams, including the Project Implementation, the Product Development, and the Technology and Software Development departments.
The position is based in Jakarta with project monitoring visits to Sulawesi, Sumatra, Kalimantan, Flores and other Koltiva working areas as needed. Field and business trips may represent up to 20% of time allocated.
- Research 40%
Execute applied research and create innovative approaches to improve how Koltiva&rsquos solutions approach various environmental challenges and topics.
- Capacity Building 15%
Improve the capacity of the project implementation team in how they collect environmental data and deliver farmer training/coaching on environment-related topics.
- Field Visits 10%
Conduct monitoring and evaluation visits to project implementation areas.
- Analytics 20%
Analyze environment data, creates insights, valuate data quality and data collection and review processes.
- Software Development Support 15%
Help to develop content for Koltiva&rsquos software solutions with focus on environmental reporting.
What are the key responsibilities of the Environmental Specialist?
Responsibilities and Duties
Specific responsibilities of the Environmental Specialist include:
- Research on the latest standards, guidelines, regulations, and tools used to monitor, measure, and assess environmental data, especially in relation to certification (Rainforest Alliance, RSPO, 4C and other) and responsible sourcing of agriculture commodities.
- Review of existing methodologies and solutions to calculate and report GHG emissions and carbon sequestration.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Koltiva&rsquos agri-tech solutions through research and coordination with various departments.
- Formulate and support integration of environmental reporting into Koltiva&rsquos programs and services.
- Participate in internal and external working-groups and meetings. External events can include supply-chain audits, seminars, and conferences, professional organization and institutions, customer meetings.
- Field Visits and Capacity Building
- Conduct field visits to monitor environmental issues in Koltiva&rsquos project areas and to evaluate the capacity of Koltiva&rsquos program staff to collect environmental data and deliver farmer training activities on environmental topics.
-Develop tests, quizzes, and other online staff evaluation tools.
- Create training modules and guidelines.
- Deliver training to program implementation staff related to environmental data collection and evaluation practices.
- Analyze environmental data to help make data-driven decisions and identify actionable insights in relation to the environmental aspects of Koltiva&rsquos projects and services.
- Coordinate with the MERL, Data Support, and Implementation Teams with data quality improvement. Help to identify where improvements are needed in the data review process.
- Software Development Support
- Help to create and improve environmental reporting features of Koltiva&rsquos applications.
- Help to test and review new software apps with focus on, but not solely, environmental topics related modules, questionnaires, and other features.
- Coordinate with the Development and QA teams on app improvement and requirement clarification.
- Master or bachelor&rsquos degree in a environmental science or other relevant major.
- Knowledge and experience: Required Preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of environmental research, reporting or evaluation.
- Proficiency in English language (both written and spoken).
- Knowledge of agricultural production-related environmental issues and topics.
- Knowledge of Indonesian cash crops cultivation and supply chains (cocoa, oil palm, coffee, rubber or seaweed) and related issues.
- Experience in certification standards (RSPO, ISPO, UTZ, Rainforest Alliance, 4C, Fairtrade, Organic etc.).
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with GHG calculations or tools and programs (Cool Farm Tool or others)
Other skills: Required Preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mind and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Willingness to work in Jakarta and travel to all regions in Indonesia.
How do you apply?
Please kindly submit your most updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: "Environmental Specialist".