Become an BI Engineer with Koltiva!
Do you believe in never ending innovation?
Who are we?Koltiva AG is an integrated agriculture technology company that provides tailor-made software solutions and services for end-to-end business processes. Established in 2013 in Indonesia, and incorporated 2017 in Switzerland, our game changing solutions are successfully used by our clients and its suppliers in 28 countries.
What do we do?Through our proven end-to-end software solutions and services, we help improve operational efficiency, significantly reduce costs and supply chain risks, increase producer's profitability and develop sustainable production and trade in food- and non-food value chains.
Do you belong with Koltiva?
Who is the Koltiva BI Engineer?
The BI Engineer Officer is integrated in the Software Development Department and is working closely with MERL Team in the Operations Departments. The BI Engineer Officer goal is to ensure all support provided to customers in the form of report automation, visualization dashboard, building data warehouse, and technical support in excellent service standards across all our web and mobile applications.
What are the key responsibilities of the BI Engineer?
Responsibilities and Duties
The BI Engineer Officer is responsible to support customer and our internal team by designing, developing, and maintaining business intelligence solutions, automated reports, and data warehouse to ensure continued satisfaction with Koltiva. Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Development of high-quality database solutions.
- Develop, implement, and optimize stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration.
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements or probably can suggest new queries.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g., reporting tools) or data analytics report using existing tools and databases.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Create tools to store data (e.g., OLAP cubes).
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems and data reporting platforms.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Helping develop reports and analysis to another team.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check output.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary.
- Collaborate effectively with the development team by creating and issuing bug finding and proposing new feature upon request.
- Stay up to date with new products and features.
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant reports.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Two years of experience as a Data Analyst, a BI Developer or similar role.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge using statistical tools for data analysis (Excel, SPSS, SAS, Google Analytics).
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g., dimensional modelling) and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI).
- Experience with MS Office (MS Excel in particular) and data programs.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail is required.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude and critical thinking skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to work multi-task and under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards.
How do you apply?
Send your updated resume to email@example.com with Subject: BI Engineer.