Become an GIS Officer with Koltiva!
Do you believe in never ending innovation?
Who are we?Koltiva AG is an integrated agriculture technology company that provides tailor-made software solutions and services for end-to-end business processes. Established in 2013 in Indonesia, and incorporated 2017 in Switzerland, our game changing solutions are successfully used by our clients and its suppliers in 28 countries.
What do we do?Through our proven end-to-end software solutions and services, we help improve operational efficiency, significantly reduce costs and supply chain risks, increase producer's profitability and develop sustainable production and trade in food- and non-food value chains.
Do you belong with Koltiva?
Who is the Koltiva GIS Officer?
Typical work will primarily involve map and figure production to present complex analytical data, geographic data creation, data editing, data management, data analysis, research, and reporting. The GIS Developer ensuring the integrity of MIS database processes, systems and maintenance, and mapping.
What are the key responsibilities of the GIS Officer?
Task, Authority and Responsibility
- Spatial Analys calculation using Forestry Land Use data and Coastal / Marine data for reporting purpose.
- Conduct exploration and research for the benefit of client.
- Collaborate between the Support Service, Quality Assurance, Field Coordinator and Field Agent to finalize Spatial Data and confirm requirements.
- Responsible for creating, compiling and providing continued maps data from survey notes, android GPS log records, external GPS device log records, geospatial database, satellite images, existing maps and reports.
- Analyzing, manipulating, researching, collecting, examine and evaluating Spatial Data.
- Responsible for revising existing data maps. Creating all necessary corrections, adjustments and updates.
- Production Satellite Imagery and Vector Polygon for internal inspection and external audit report.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in GIS Mapping Projects.
- Must understand in Geodatabase, Coordinates and Map Projection System Concept.
- Have strong skills in GIS / Mapping software.
- Have knowledge about Forestry Area regulation and Aquaculture/Marine regulation.
- Experience working with Geospatial Data as well as OGC standards (WMS, WFS).
- Have Spatial Query skills using on Geospatial Databases (MySQL 8).
- Strong proficiency about Spatial Analyst, Remote Sensing and Digital Mapping.
- Must understand about GPS Log data (GPS Handheld or Android device).
- Can Maintain and organize Spatial Data files in various format.
- Experience working with web mapping API (Leaflet, Mapbox Studio, OpenLayers, Google Map) is a plus.
- Have skills / knowledge in ESRI ArcGIS / QGIS, Spatial Query on Spatial Databases, Google Earth Engine, Global Mapper, Google Earth, SAS Planet.
Other Specific Requirements:
- Have a good interpersonal and communication skill required to advice / to coaching staff and give occasional presentations.
- Ability to collaborate smoothly with another team and work independently.
- Solution oriented and creative in problems-solving, especially regarding farmer garden external audit certification.
- Willing to work outside working hours with Project Coordinator to assist Field Team during external audit certification when needed.
- Excellent report writing and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Strong analytical skills including analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Willing to travel to the field to validate/checking between survey field data and system data. (<15% time).
How do you apply?
Please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject : GIS Officer.